Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Dinghy for Sale. May need some support.

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Fishtigua, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Would the support be a psychiatrist? A buyer may need his head examined to go 244 mph! ;)
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Can you make it remote control?
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

5. Perlmudder

Perlmudder Member

244 is what it ran in a mile with a 40mph start. Give it some room and I would imagine it can do a lot more.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

NOT WITH ME IN IT!!!!!!!!!
  7. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I've raced many offshore race boats from open cockpits Outerlimits and 42-46' Skaters with enclosed canopies.
    I've been faster on the water than I ever have on land and and can tell you that at 150, it's the most exillarating experience but even at 80 mps, little things go wrong in a fraction of a second with devestating concenquences.
    I've had many friends who have lost their lives at 100 and plenty of others with the absolute best equipped boats money can buy with the best safety guear to rival the Space Shuttle (case & point). Speed on the water is not for the faint of heart and even the most seasoned pros have had a small gust of wind, a 2' boat wake, a blown drive/steering or motor/hull fracture or any a myriad of little unconsiquential things at 60-100mph but these insignificant things over 100, let alone well over 200 can have you in a small box in a split second. End of story.
    If you're considering, get the best equipped boat money can but then spend a year with the best drivers and throttle men you can find to train you. I have been invited out on dozens of 100+ mph boats that regular boaters just bought & it doesn't take me a second to pass but kindly thank them but have to get to "an appointment" (with life) right away.
    Just my .02. Yeah, call me chicken but kids and my wife mean more these days.
    I can see that boat landing upside down and the big scoop ripping the cockpit off or backwards (when the engines come out of the front of the sponsons (taking everything with them) and the worst, upside down and backeards or sideways as we have seen at LOTO and many other events.
    Careful guys, theys arent toys for kids.
  8. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Steve Curtis, a mate, has won 7 or 8 World Championships (forget how many, a lot). His control of the sticks and trim is pretty good these days, after stuffing a few in the early years.

Our Ribs that are running a 300/350 Verado are going 70 odd knots, quicker than some full race boats of a few years ago.
  9. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Theses triple, high HP consoles up here have proved entertaining.
    Hitting docks and other boats (ships).
    70+ knots closes range in a hurry and the red necks up here don't realize how far they travel while sipping a beer.

I'm happy with my 26 knot work boat. Even then floatsum still surprises.
  10. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Ralph, just took a Volvo 63 out of a fast fisher and fitted a new Fiat/Iveco 350 in 4 days, including new beds. That's hitting some good speed numbers already, a tad off 200 though.
  11. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I'm read some great comments on the Ivecos in boats.
    4 Days and new beds. Good planning and effort.
    A few tired backs, I'm sure.

Got a kid up here pushing the Scania engines. Looking forward to watching some of his projects come together here shortly.
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've been dealing with a pair of new CAT C12.9's 1000 hp made by Fiat. Not a fan so far, much less torque than the C18 1000hp's. So far in 65 hours have a bad thermostat on port engine. A bad aftercooler thermostat on starboard. An exhaust leak on port. They run clean and smooth, but fuel filters are expensive etc. etc.
  13. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Negative vibes. To many bad vibes.
    What old movie?

Skippy J better answer this, He's the second mold cast.