Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights

Delivered: Moonen 82' Motoryacht "My Way"

Discussion in 'Moonen News & Launches' started by Yacht News, Aug 15, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonen delivers 82' Alu yacht "My Way"

The new Moonen 82 "My Way" was recently handed over to its owners at Moonen Shipyards in the Netherlands. My Way was built for Russian clients who have been very involved in the entire process. Delivered exactly as planned, the yacht easily surpassed her specified speed of 25-knots in sea trials.

The owner of the new Moonen 82 Alu had previously owned a GRP motoryacht and his experiences had convinced him that speed was nothing without comfort. He approached Moonen to commission a 'fast displacement' yacht at the same time as the yard was developing a new range of aluminum vessels called the Alu-series, the first of which was the Moonen 94 Alu "Nilo".

"We were impressed with the flexibility of the yard and its designers," remembers the owner. "My Way is a fine classic example of customization. The original platform for the Moonen 82 Alu specified a top speed of 21 knots but I requested 25 knots and the design was altered accordingly. At the same time she has all the comfort of a displacement yacht - going fast is no fun if it is uncomfortable - and an incredible range of 2000 miles on fuel tanks of in total of 10,000 litres. This is quite exceptional for a boat of this volume."

The owner and his wife thoroughly enjoying the entire process of building this superior 25.20-metre motoryacht. "Each time we came to Holland it felt like a mini-holiday. The yard personnel were very friendly and it has been like being part of one big family who are all equally committed to building a great boat. "The day My Way was launched was very special indeed," continues the owner's wife who was intrinsically involved in every aspect of the interior design and styling in conjunction with Art-Line.

For more information:

Moonen Yachts
    Graaf van solmsweg 52F
    5222 BP 's-Hertogenbosch
    The Netherlands
    Moonen Yachts

***​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.