Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Comfort

Cost of Docking in the Med

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Lenny, Jul 14, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Lenny

Lenny Member

Planning on spending a summer season cruising in the Balearics, coast of Spain, coast of France and coast of Italy. Understand sometimes impossible to get dockage, but we also love to anchor. 80 foot motor yacht. What would be your estimate for nightly dockage rates? Just a guess, do not need firm prices. Thanks in advance.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

We re in the early planning stage of a possible summer there next year so I ll be watching this thread.

So far my research seem to indicate over dockage is cheaper than it is in the US northeast except at a few hot spots.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I did ask at the 3 marinas we went to when we were recently in Spain. Here is the rate sheet of La Marina de Valencia, which is a very large marina.

http://www.lamarinadevalencia.com/mreal/uploaded/tarifas 2017 cast.pdf

Translating for your boat, that would be 49.50 - 55.00 Euro per day. At current rates that's $52.33 to $63.25 (out of season vs. in season) plus 21% IVA so $63.32 to $76.54 depending on season so less than $1 per foot per day. Plus discounts for a month or longer.

Surprised me when I was there and asked them. Barcelona and Palma are higher but not outrageous with Palma the most expensive of the three. Locations like Monte Carlo and Antibes, I was told by the captain that Monaco and Antibes were about 3 times that rate but that is still very reasonable for the location.

Here's the rate chart for Port Gallice in the Antibes area.

http://www.port-gallice.fr/tarifs-de-location/

As someone who has paid $6, $7 and $8 in the US and Caribbean, I was pleasantly surprised.

The biggest thing is making sure you reserve space in season as the prime marinas do fill up.
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

The Med has some crazy prices during 'The Season' at the well known marinas. If you go down the coast a mile or so the prices drop by a huge factor. Ok, you may not be rubbing shoulders with Hollywood stars or Princes, but it is still a fantastic place to berth, with good food and views to remember.

To be honest, some of the best places are best enjoyed out at anchor for the night. Beware though, it can get bumpy out on the hook at going home time, the wash from all the other boats can get unpleasant as the sun goes down.
  5. MountainGuy

MountainGuy Member