Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

Corvettes for Sale at Wal-Mart. Well, Not Exactly

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by brian eiland, Apr 18, 2016.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

....recent email I received

MY - OH - MY, WHAT A COLLECTION
    This guy does not have any automatics and has over 2067 big block Corvettes. He also had a Roman Red 60 Impala convertible.
    He has several 442's including a 64. He has one of only 2 or 3 1970 big block Corvettes with the aluminum engine. That is probably a million dollar car!
    It is all GM and all muscle.

Though the building is in Punta Gorda, Florida was once a Wal-Mart, it's not any more. When Rick Treworgy saw that it was vacant, he decided it would be the perfect place to showcase almost 200 Corvettes and other GM muscle cars he owns in a vast collection begun more than 30 years ago. He bought it, and now, it's open to the public.

Called Muscle Car City, the venue is attracting thousands of people who harken back to the golden days of muscle cars and their youth. It's also drawing a newer generation of enthusiasts.

www.youtube.com/embed/ZpmZtSIkfTk
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Adding to the collection on this thread; John Staluppi's "Cars of Dreams". Housed in an old K-Mart building in Lake Park, FL he brought in set designers from Disney/Universal to create the streets of New York City, circa 1950's...

http://www.carsofdreams.com/
  3. brian eiland

That museum is closer to me here in St Augustine, and looks really cool as well. I will have to visit that :cool:
  4. brian eiland

When I saw the Corvette subject it brought back memories of my 62 Vette

A friend of mine and I had just pulled a 'road trip' to Newport RI, then Cape Cod, then Montreal, Canada, then Lakes of NY, We rode into town right at the height of the new 'miniskirt fad'. I had trouble keeping my friend (and myself) from jumping out of the car to go chase all those lovely ladies.

When we stopped to ask this one lady who was walking her dog, my friend jumped out of the car and ran over to take this photo.

Regrettably, it was only a few weeks after this photo that the car was stolen from a friends condo in New York where we had stopped for a party on our way back to DC.

Attached Files:

5. Belle

Belle Member

That was considered a miniskirt back then? Wow. That's long. Midi at most. :)