Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Built a classic

Discussion in 'Merritt Yacht' started by domenico, Sep 18, 2005.

1. domenico

domenico New Member

Hello, I am an Italian my name is Domenico, I owned fews americans boats, 3 Boston Whaler, 2 Bertram a 30 moppie and a 36 convertible and right now a Viking 450 convertible.
    I would like to built an American convertible like a Merritt 54/58 or a Rybovich 55 but in Italy, I need to know who could help me to found a Project of such boat and a surveior who could supervision the costruction that have to be 100% American, electrical panel, vent in engine room, Murray seat, palm beach control ect.
    I thank you in advance if you could get me further information.

Domenico D'Amato
  2. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Classic build

Hello,
    I live between the Rybovich and Merritt boat yards here in Florida. The best thing to do would be to buy an older vessle and refit it to your standards. Unless you want to build a new mold and start a new company.
    David
  3. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Valuable advice for Domenico

I admire the bold ones:)
    I mean, hey, without the gutsy types, we wouldn't have all the great boat companies of today... and all those who are here no longer.

Domenico, an old saying here in the US is this:

Want a million bucks? Start out in the boat business with two million bucks!

HA!