Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Burger

Broward Sportfish Yacht

Discussion in 'Broward Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Wrong! That is the job of the captain. Your job is to do as the captain requests or get off his boat.
  2. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

Wow!

I'm sitting here in total disbelief staring at this thread! Not only has an obviously disgruntled greenhorn come on here and spouted barely understandable gibberish attempting to strike back at his seemingly well-deserved termination of employment, but he baited a normally reserved and composed Ed into a "discussion" that is not worthy of his time. (did we stay up too late watching that Deadliest Catch rerun? I can't wait till this season to see what Sig's payback will be, but I'm sure it will be great TV fodder!)

I would have bet good money the "First mate" was not even a citizen of this country with his vocabulary and terminology (ship?) but by his now well known name seems to indicate otherwise. I know I wrote it down as did most of us others on this venerable site. Sounds like another burger flipper for Mac D's is about to launch his new career! Maybe Carl can move this to the jokes forum? Seems more appropriate.:D
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

This is totally out of hand. It's totally obvious first mate is overly ticked off and lashing out.

Here is my take on it. I highly doubt that the Captain got a piece of metal and welded the earlier repair himself. Who even knows where the repair was done. The repair was not done correctly and I get that. But what did the Captain have to gain Monetarily by having a faulty repair done, if he knew?

I understand the yacht is at Broward (or a similar yard) in Ft. Laud. I highly doubt that the owner is paying the Captain directly and the Captain is skimming off the top and then paying the yard. I still don't see how the Captain is financially gaining out of this, or would sabotage a boat himself. Could he be unknowledgable about Aluminum and what is going on there, it's quite possible. It's also quite possible the Captain alerted the owner a year or two ago and the owner elected not to spend the money to repair it at the time. I've had owners delay maintanence (nothing to do with the integrity of the hull) and had them tell me wait another 6 months to do oil changes or have the bottom painted or who knows. Chances are the reason it is in the yard in the first place is because the Captain told the owner it needed to go there to get fixed.
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Captains

When I was at *&(&^ (*&^(& in 1991 getting some refit work done, I was informed by more than one crew member and yard employee that it was not unusual for the yards to go "hunting" for Captains on their larger Yachts with offers of all kinds of incentives to have the work done at their yard.
    YMMV
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Agreed. Early on I just tried to smarten him up so he didn't find himself paying lawyers and judgements for the rest of his life and destroy his career, but it seems he was hell bent on doing exactly that. I also feared that YF was going to get a subpoena for records which would have opened up a 1st amendment issue that YF has better things to deal with than. Fortunately that is no longer an issue since the OP has been named. Today however the idiocy reached a new level and I couldn't resist reacting to it. Now I plan to switch my computer back over to Deadliest Catch and leave this thread unless the captain involved comments, which again I hope he doesn't as it could only weaken his case which I believe will be assuring him of a nice retirement nest egg.
  6. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Federal Surveyor?

License as a surveyor?
  7. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

I'm going to have to look through all the other channels on my cable to find those reruns, not much on now of interest and I just can't stay up long enough to watch all the Austrailian golf tournament going on now, hope K1W1 and Far are enjoying it firsthand. You made a valiant effort and couldn't do more, kids, harumph. (NEVER thought I'd say that!):D
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Actually I disconnected my TVs (waste of time and money) and watch on computer. The past few days in Alaska should generate some interesting shows. I know we just hijacked this thread. Seemed appropriate at this time.
  9. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Chase

I suggested in one of my prior posts that I was not going to get into an arguement with you and that is still my intention. I also suggested that you listen to some of us older guys and to maybe back off a little in your comments, did you listen to any of us, NO.

Have you made a fool of yourself, absolutely.

Maybe a few of us would have taken your comments and thought he may have an opinion that should be heard but should have posted them in a different way, but no, in you kept going. Then to try and insult those of us who read your posts but disagreed with you, well you should have everything coming at you.

I did speak to the Captain and thankfully after our discussion he is agreeing that to get into an open arguement on here would not benefit anybody but is informing the owner of what is happening. The welder who you also throw under the bus told me that he, with no marine back ground, had to show you how to switch the AC on but also is not going to comment on here unless asked to by the Captain or owner.

Why the Captain would be undertaking the repairs now if he knew about the required repairs previously is beyond me. He did not know about the doubler plate that was welded inside the exhaust area had not been welded along the bottom. The problem in that area appeared to be from the actual design of the exhaust with hot gases, sea water and no epoxy coatings on the inside of the exhaust trunk, now that the problem has been identified the captain is having the correct repairs carried out and the owner is fully aware of them.

With your 6 years experience I guess you have no idea that there is no such thing as a federal Surveyor, I guess you learn that in year seven but what do I know.

Have a happy birthday, drink your rum and please go back to standing outside of Broward Marine with your cardboard sign stating "day worker looking for work", in fact stop insulting even those honest folk looking for work and also stop trying to use the owners credit card to buy a burger at Macdonalds when you where specifically told not to.

... and as for your XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXX, should we get into that... :cool:
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

YJ, resist the temptation I know you are feeling. This thread really needs to be closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.