Click for Comfort Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

| Blohm Voss | 105.85M | "LADY MOURA" | 1990/19 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by christo303, Nov 22, 2003.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Smaller files are better for dial-up users... :)
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Actually, there's an excellent r/c heli forum... www.rotory.com. The site is hosted by a living legend and one my oldest friends... Mike Mas. Mike publishes an r/c heli magazine named Rotory Modeller and the site is spin-off of the publication. Very popular.
  3. schnibbelfitz

schnibbelfitz Senior Member

Hey Lars,

just posted a "thank you note" on the yacht plans page. And now I discover that you are also into helicopters? Judging by your interests it seems like I am talking to myself! :)

Really nice "meeting" you!

Olli
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Olli,

Thanks for your words in the other thread, and I am sorry but without a certain client in mind it would be too much work making a GA on the 165 m yacht. As you can imagine we are talking of a space like a department store and a lot of special interests could be incorporated besides living accommodations.

On flying, I finished my fixed wing license but never the helicopter. Just thought it would be fun to know how to fly it, since I have several friends having their own.

But I learned enough to know that I would like to have a Helipad like on Lady Moura if I should ever land on a yacht. Most yachts have pads that are more for emergency pickups. And to land a BA 609 you need a pretty wide platform to not glide off the air cushion...

Anyway, it is nice to see you here as well!
  5. schnibbelfitz

schnibbelfitz Senior Member

Nice again!

Thanks for your reply, Lars.

Sounds to good to be true. I have been obsessed with helicopters and yachts since the age of 13, now cruising towards 25, that is almost half my lifetime! :)
    During that time period, I have had the chance to step aboard a 24 footer. Once. I have been in a helicopter. Once. For about 20 minutes. How pathetic is that? ;)

One of these days, I will learn to fly that helicopter. I would love to fly the EC 135 or EC 155, being European... (the helicopter and me).

Hope we can keep in touch!

Olli
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I was lucky to live in Monaco for twelve years and they have a company, www.heliairmonaco.com - which operates a number of Ecureuils, now also the new wide body EC 130 B4.

As they were cheaper than a taxi between Monaco and Nice airport I was flying quite a lot with them. Those guys could fly, and often made transports of stuff to the high buildings in Monaco. It could be anything from big oil paintings to palm trees that was delivered from the air, sometimes by swinging it into balconies several floors down from the top of the building...

If you have a yacht with a Helipad, they are also trained to take you there. Or up for skiing or just to see the coast from above. Look into the website and make them a visit if you should be in Monaco.
  7. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

Lady Moura got a new Mangusta tender now, took this pic of it leaving Monaco, with Mangusta 92'

Attached Files:

8. WestAust

WestAust New Member

Whats the name of the yacht next to her in Monaco in the August 2004 photo???
  9. kootenay67

kootenay67 Senior Member

Answered by Aussie in post #15 Wedge Too 2002 65m Feadship.

Regards Ken
  10. Ben

Ben Senior Member

How would you make that work, having a tender that follows under it's own steam, but has much less range and sea keeping abilities? :confused:

Nice pics btw.
  11. AUSSIE

AUSSIE New Member

In my humble little opinion i would hazard a guess that Lady Moura is like a floating summer home, and the Mangusta which i read is now replaced by a 92 (Wow Factor) is their med transport/mega tender.
    So the way i see it the big Lady doesn't go to far and if a short trip or day trip is required the Mangusta allows for un-restrained luxury in a yacht/ mega tender and can visit most if not all accesable spots along the Med.
    And from a perspective of some one who will never own something like this maybe its just another thing the owner has a passion for and why not, his little baby (Mangusta 92) would be most Millionaires pride and joy.
    To me he has the best of both worlds and if he had a Vikal tender on board it would be the ultimate......
    Dan
  12. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

Lady Moura Photos

Heres some more photos I took of Lady Moura when she was in monaco.

Last September & May this year.

Attached Files:

13. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

In the first photo there is water flowing over the anchor chain. Is this a chain washer?
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes it is a seawater pump flushing the chain and anchor when retrieved. On smaller yachts the same pump is used as a fire pump by switching a valve.
  15. V65

V65 Senior Member

16. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Where's the damage?
  17. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Is this True?......and if it is, then she was not damaged too heavily? Just one of the stern telescopic gangways??..
  18. V65

V65 Senior Member

The passerelle is gone... And port aft main deck was supposably hit, but I can't tell from the photo...
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

And tonight she is back in Monaco...:)

Attached Files:

20. jimminychricket

jimminychricket New Member

She even drawfs feadship's Utopia! Atleast double the size!