Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross

| Blohm + Voss | 119M | M/Y "A" -ex.Project "Sigma" - | 2008 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by YachtForums, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

2. Chigley

Chigley Guest

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Oh my... wow, speechless.
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Search is a good, helpful tool

Actually, a search for Motor Yacht A (The reason for the letter A on the stern) would have revealed the video and many pictures.

Here's the video post (without sub-titles and there's also one with sub-titles - the credit belongs there.) :

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/109108-post154.html
  4. antiguogrumete

antiguogrumete New Member

Attached Files:

5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Really nice! the stacks look repolished and have black paint at their tips...to help hide the soot...
  6. Yacht News

The 390-foot "A" is on final approach to the Caribbean after crossing the Atlantic...looks like she will be going to St. Maarten!
  7. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Once they decided to build this yacht, that looks so much like a submarine, I wonder why they didn´t make it submersible, at least to small depths, like 50 meters or so. The whole thing would make a lot more sense that way.
  8. Yacht News

oh the expense Felipe! She may look like a fancy submarine but in function is to be a yacht for the SURFACE. Look is one thing, purpose is another!
  9. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Yes YachtNews, I know. It´s just that I don´t like yachts looking like cars, airplanes, furniture or submarines.
  10. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

The portevergladeswebcam caught A as she arrived in Fort Lauderdale this morning.

a.jpg

a2.PNG

She then turned South towards the Dania Cut Off Canal where I am betting she is headed for service.
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Could she even get into the Dania Cutoff Canal? :eek: I'd think she's just heading for the pier along the port on the ICW. Please keep us posted.
  12. discokachina

Good thing I did not put any money on that bet, the Marine Traffic plugin for Google Earth shows she stopped at one of the Port Everglades docks.

a4.jpg

If she is there long enough I will try to snap some pics from the park across the Intracoastal from her berth.

And you are right, although Dania Cut is being dredged to 17' http://**************/article/dania-cut-dredging-clears-hurdle-ahead-of-schedule.html and is expanding megayacht facilites http://**************/article/dania-cut-to-add-megayacht-slips.html even then "A" is a little too long at 390' and a little to deep at 16.9' for the Canal to handle.
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I had visions of people's eyes popping and Cape Ann Towing salivating..:D You didn't mention the width of the canal, but I was picturing a cork in a bottle every way but up.:eek:
  14. discokachina

It is a little more than 100' coming up the canal and then a tight 100' once you get to the yards.
  15. discokachina

Snapped a few pics of A this afternoon in her berth in Port Everglades from across the Intracoastal at John U. Lloyd Beach State Park.

A (4).JPG

Being Sunday and a warm sunny afternoon it was a pretty busy day on the Intracoastal with boat traffic large and small.

A (5).JPG

No matter what angle you shoot A from I think she strikes quite the pose!

A (1).JPG

Being this close I found the detail shots to be quite interesting.

A (2).JPG

Here it looks to me like you can see two subtle appendages sticking out from her hull that look to me like security cameras for viewing the side of the yacht.

A (3).JPG

The windows, portholes, and outlines of pop-outs near the stern are more interesting details only seen from a close up vantage point.
  16. discokachina

Here is a close up of one of the appendages that show more clearly what I think are security camera domes.

A2.JPG
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Great shots, but don't rush your weekend. It's only Saturday. Terrific detail. Those cameras make absolute sense. There's no way the helmsman could see the her sides as she docks or goes into close quarters without them.
    When I lived down there back in the early 90's Echo would come in every couple of years. She was such an unusual, standout design that you'd spot her coming in from 5 miles away. I think A you'll probably recognize as she crosses the horizon. Still haven't made up my mind whether I like her or not, but she sure is impressive.
  18. Yacht News

Yes they appendages have camera mounted on them. They are retractable and hide behind a flush door to preserve the smooth lines of the yacht when not in use. The port and staboard nav lights are also retractble.
  19. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Hello all, it's been a while.
    I was very fortunate today as I was not only in town, but on a sea trial this morning and caught A departing Port Everglades, reportedly heading to the Bahamas. There are numerous shots of A, and Disco did a great job on the detailed images. But here are some as she headed out. You'll see in the third image the relationship in size to the Pilot vessel. In full disclosure I had to touch these up as it was a bit hazy on the water. She is a beauty, in an interesting way.

Attached Files:

20. Yacht News

I really like the first shot Tom!