Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Burger

| Blohm + Voss | 95.15M | "AV" ex. "Palladium"(Project Orca) | 2010/22 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by Yacht News, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Does anyone have any information on this project said to be in build at Blohm & Voss. My research thus far suggests that she is a 96-meter motor yacht with a radical design by Michael Leach Design. Her interior is also by this UK based design firm. Apparently she is hull # 971 having a steel hull and aluminum superstructure. She has 2 X MTU 575 L70 Diesels and this Custom order is billed for launch sometime this year (2010).

When exactly is she due to launch?
    Any pictures (I highly doubt)?
    Any other information?

I have seen one rendering, from what I see, if she will look anything like that, she will be a stunner.
  2. Yacht News

Okay, I can confirm that she has been launched. She was launched on Friday, she is stunning!

You can check out some renderings on the designer's website who did both the exterior and interior.

http://www.michaelleachdesign.com/
  3. Yacht News

Rendering of the Michael Leach designed 96-meter Project "Orca".

Project Orca.jpg
  4. I can help you here you find what you are anxious to know. I retranslate to you here.

Overview

Name: Orca
    Type: Motor Yacht
    Model: Custom
    Sub Type: -
    Builder: Blohm + Voss

Naval Architect: Blohm + Voss

Exterior Designers: Michael Leach Design

Interior Designer: Michael Leach Design

Year: 3rd Quarter of 2010
    Flag: -
    MCA: No
    Class: -
    Hull NB: 971
    Hull Colour: -

Dimensions

Length Overall: 96m (314' 12")
    Length at Waterline: -
    Beam: 16m (52' 6")
    Draft (min): -
    Draft (max): -
    Gross Tonnage: -

Accommodations

Guests: 16
    Cabins Total: 8
    Cabins: -
    Crew: -

Construction

Hull Configuration: -
    Hull Material: Steel
    Superstructure: Aluminium
    Deck Material: -
    Decks NB: -

Engine(s)

Quantity: 2
    Fuel Type: Diesel
    Manufacturer: MTU
    Model: 575 L70
    Power: 0hp
    Total Power: 0hp
    Propulsion: Twin Screw

Performance & Capabilities

Max Speed: 19.0 kts
    Cruising Speed: 14.0 kts
    Range: 6,000 nm at 14 kts
    Fuel Capacity: -
    Water Capacity: -

Equipment

Generator:
    Stabilizers: -
    Thrusters: -
    Amenities:

M/Y Orca
    Blohm + Voss | Custom
    96m (314.96ft) Blohm + Voss

Motor Yacht Orca
    Project Orca is a 96 metre motor yacht under construction at Blohm + Voss. Her exterior and interior styling are both the work of UK-based Michael Leach Design.
    Orca features an advanced, futuristic superstructure composed of steel, alloy and composite with an innovative glazing.The ultra-modern yacht with curved superstructure is said to feature interiors by Silverlining and Metrica. Project Orca will also include two Cougar Marine custom tenders on her sports deck.

Orca can accommodate 16 guests in six guest cabins, one owner's cabin, and one nanny cabin.

Powered by twin MTU 595 TE 70l Diesel engines, motor yacht Orca will be capable of 19 knots at top speed and will be able to travel 6000nm at 14 knots.
  5. During construction on 25.04.2010

I would like to share only this photo. Since AIS has already from today ahead, i think it is a good moment to try making some history of her birth. Ok, i know the process is advanced more than that. Quality is bad, because it is not possible to upload more than 200 KB. So i had to put lower. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

6. Quite strange that, but seems Orca went for a small ride 'river trail':D until Wedel-Bassenfleth exactly, where seems she is stopped. Left B+V at 10:10 AM GMT. 1 hour run only. Maybe engine or propeller tests, how she feels water really. Can someone confirm? :confused:
  7. 84far

84far Senior Member

Superyacht Orca Starts Sea Trials

Superyacht Orca starts sea trials, its also good to see that some new "different/radical" designs are starting to get built.

Also, does anyone have any further information/pictures on the vessel?

Far

Attached Files:

8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

84far, I moved your post to the thread we already had about this yacht.
  9. so Kevin delete also my threads above about Orca if you find necessary. Really does not matter she is in ------------ now. Others second news about is more important... :rolleyes: I miss something not kept here, but then be free at all.
  10. 1. exactly. In middle of it to be precise.
    2. I agreee.. more radical different, more privacy to be unique and good challenges.
    3. yes, i know where has, but i can only PM about, cause my arms & legs are cut off everytime i suggest. You know i am Jedi but Imperium took it 6 episodes.. yyeah, i have to write in codes then...:p I just can say she came beautiful like rendering suggests or even better interesting look, painting saying.
  11. V tommorow morning, if someone wants to see her in real life... ;)
    For the ones who understands codes, here you are... N 0% D 70% G ?
  12. 84far

84far Senior Member

Ahhh, there's my post, thanks Kevin. MKM, I was trying to seach for more pictures, but didnt find many, and when I did, they had other sites logos all over it. Do you have more pictures? Cheers

Far
  13. Hi FAR,
    yes i made 20 of her when she entered back HH at 11 AM Germany time from Sea Trial, but I don't know if I can or I am allowed to post them, because my computer is getting some fails down time to time, which i really don't know if are intrusers in it seeing what i am doing, even with the softwares i have. But if still has no problems, then here are 3. If they get removed you understand already why... Hope you enjoy them. :)
  14. PICS - Quality middle unfortunatly.

;) Have nice day!

Attached Files:

15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think your computer is invaded by aliens from the crashed spaceship you shot....
  16. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Merely requires calibration of the Dylithum Drive ....
  17. yeah... i know. i still have my doubts, but if i understood right that much has to be finished already... to be shinning properly, she is pretty very nice different. Yes, sometime we really start having some Startreks & Naboo Chrome Cruisers Yachts really, don't we? :p

Don't you noticed they flatted the side Verandah volume in someway, regarding comparing to the rendering first, it seems to me, or is because all the 'white' in this grey weather here?

& she drove pretty easy the 20kn. i believe she can do much more...
  18. Yacht News

Well done MKM, thanks for the pics!
  19. 84far

84far Senior Member

Aliens!!!.... Must of missed that email ;)

MKM, thanks for the pictures, she has some great lines.

Far
  20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator