Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning

Blohm & Voss News

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. (Mod note; The following nine posts are moved from the "Eclipse" thread as they are covering more B+V yachts.)

i mean this was the first project thought in 2005, but they never made her like that. The result was not so exciting imo.

well, anyway, it does not matter anymore. She is now positioned behind Orca, which still is besides Dock 5, it means besides Dock 12 then. I took a better picture approach of Octopus then today, see. Work on her is already almost 1 month, delayed. Actually this is what was the movements at B + V today, 17.04.2010.

1. Orca 96m, together this one inside Dock 5. Eclipse is behind now.
    2. Octopus 126.2m Portside View
    3. Octopus 126.2m 1
    4. Octopus 126.2m 2
    5. I would like to know which Yacht was this. Seems a refit just finished from an old classical. I could not recognize her. She was moved to near Octopus. Can someone identify for me? :confused: :eek:

Click on image for bigger resolution. Put your Browser 50% for better view. It is high-resolution images. Hope enjoyed :)
  3. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Thanks for the very interesting posts MKM. I agree that Eclipse looks like like very traditional yacht design on an inflated scale. I like her all white as opposed to the gray decks. Do you know what happened to the bow of Octopus?
  4. Yacht News

5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

MKM - No 5 on your list might be the Nahlin that was transferred to B &V after the sale of Nobiskrug.
  6. thanks all for the comments.
    1. No, i really don't know what happened to her bow, i mean how the accident was, but it seems got complications to put order.
    2. Well, it was always announced in media that this project would be the Eclipse in past, but we all know that it is not, so maybe those rumors were wrong, she is unfortunatly total different now, more traditional, than this more advanced project one was. I expect on that time, i mean 5 years ago, this project as coming beeing reality.
    3. Yes, you are entirelly right it is Nahlin (glasgow) just finished the refit yesterday at 18 PM and relaunched. She is now with cream Hull & grey funnel, but wonderful restored. People says in those other links that she is now near Cuxhaven, left B+V this morning. Compare those news and photos. I researched until 1 AM yesterday in Ship Traffic tracks, but not found her in anyway in those ports, maybe info hided, as for example Orca is not already listed, strangely, cause she was launched at sea, but not yet registered in books. It has other errors as well. Pity, because here is wonderful weather to make photos today. Anyway Celebrity Eclipse, the cruise, came back from the Sea Trial at 5 AM this morning for repairs to be finished. Now she is in cruise terminal, seems then all ok. She is new and i would like to see her anyway.

Regarding the transfer from Norbiskrug to here B+V, well, both shipyards belong to Abou Dhabi Mar now until for what i know. It seemed all work done in Kiel Channel for 2 years or remade and renovation, but they transfer to here to finish something more. This happened to all cruise ships for Celebrity constructed in Meyer Shipyard in Pappenburg for example, really strange this. Well in link has photos of situation of Nahlin in transfer, very crude before all finished here. Regarding the Celebrity cruises, well, they came here for small things.
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Nobiskrug changed hands before B & V and from what I understand getting Nahlin out of Nobiskrug was a part of the deal.
  8. News of B+V 18.04.2010

1. Octopus: work on bow was finished, all repair devices removed then. She is free again to sail, which i believe tonight or tommorow.
    2. Nahlin: she is finished also, waiting delivery, positioned behind dock 4.
    3. Celebrity Eclipse: she is free to sail in a party event. Sailing out now at 9 PM.
    4. Tall-Ship MIR: Coming to port today night. She is entering Elbe now.

I took again pics of Octopus and Celebrity Eclipse. If wants to be posted, please ask.
  9. bigboatbill

Thanks for the information MKM. I would love to see any photos you have.
  10. Pics 18.04.2010

Well, actually i think we went too off from the main thema here: Eclipse.
    But more like a B+V News and Pics. I think we should not confund the balls too much. Can some moderator put another thread under B+V like 'Current News & Curiosities' in order we talk everything than not only a specific ship?
    I think it would be a great idea, but here are some Pics. (Move is done)

1. Octopus in the morning during repair devices removal.
    2. Octopus at afternoon finished work. Free Bow again. No difference result :D If it should have to be from what was before.
    3. Nahlin moored. Interesting how the funnel color is, not really grey but not really cream like hull is. Actually is different the tons, but couldn't decided what to specify. :D
    4. A shot of mv Celebrity Eclipse in an event party for 'Invited Visitors only'. Now she is travelling to Southampton for her first real Cruise. Ship is cool. :cool: It is the 3rd of a 4 sisters series ship made in Meyer Werft Pappenburg and finals project corrections at B+V after the incident engine broken in middle sea with the 1st, Solstice, they made the same corrections with 2nd Equinox and now with her and probably with the 4th, coming soon. Because all projects are the same and i think Celebrity is unsecure now with the original builder, making Sea Trials at B+V for a check... Pretty new delivery :p :eek:

High resolutions images then. Some not good quality, due far away distance.
    About Nahlin, this history is pretty interesting about her.
    Build: 1930, Length: 91.4m
    1930 - Nahlin
    1937 - Luceafarul
    1948 - Libertatea
    1999 - Nahlin
    1988 - 1999 Floating Restaurant Danube
    Restoration Costos: ~ € 60 Millions.
    Unfortunatly the Stream Turbines were replaced with Diesel Motors.
    2005-2010 under restoration at Norbiskrug & B+V.
    Owner not known.
  11. Octopus is travelling...

She left Hamburg 8 AM. :eek:
    Pity, i slept in between and couldn't get pics. :(

Thanks Mod for repositioned the posts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  12. Yacht News

MKM, could you please lessen the use of the emoticons. They are not to be used like if we are at a birthday party. Occasional use of them is fine in relevance but do not over use them. Yachtforums likes to uphold some form of professionalism and indiscresionate overuse undermines this.
  13. ok, understood. Please be free to delete the posts if you want. I didn't knew it is not allowed to use them, to express some expressions. Sorry for disturbing your site then.

Also, there will be no news of cruises anymore, like you suggested me.
  14. Yacht News

As I said, I did not say you cannot use emoticons, I said do not overuse them!
  15. bigboatbill

now who's typing in the dark!
  16. Yacht News

Bigboatbill, what does that have to do with Blohm and Voss yachts...;)
  17. bigboatbill

same thing Blohm and Voss yachts had to do with your first comment that inspired my response; just keeping the field level.:)
  18. bigboatbill

Since some of the post got moved around I wasn't sure if you remembered. I like a good joke and am glad this is a forum where humor is appreciated! I enjoy your posts. They are interesting and informative. As for Blohm and Voss, I have to say they have produced some of the most interesting and beautiful yachts of the past several years. B&V must really know what they are doing!
  19. Yacht News

"Mayan Queen" and "Orca" are definitely my recent favs with Blohm + Voss.
  20. 1. Mayan Queen of 2008 for the Mexican Bilionaire... well, i saw here in Dock 10, i made some pics as well. If Bill is interested i can post him.
    2. Orca is still u/c. Anyway, i am trying to follow the work. I am sure also could make good pics of her around B+V this wonderful start sommer sun days.
    3. Eclipse is not sending sign signal anymore, but still in port, like Orca.
    4. Nahlin 87m signal are turned on. Probably she will sail shortly.

But i didn't liked much the exterior design of 1, 2 and 3. I think they could do more futuristic direction styles, they have a tremendous knowledge for that, but the clients say what they want, even when B+V has more interesting things projects proposed in their site. 'A' from HDW in Kiel was my preference like exterior until now, but the interior is horrible kitsch, old fashioned, wrong pool position, bed not in Feng Shui at all, well interior was not my thing.

NAHLIN:
    Vessel's Details
    Ship Type: Pleasure Craft
    Length x Breadth: 87 m X 12 m
    Speed recorded (Max / Average): 10.1 / 7.8 knots
    Flag: United Kingdom [UK]
    Call Sign: 2CQY6
    IMO: 0, MMSI: 235075032

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Position Received
    Area: North Sea
    Latitude / Longitude: 53.5401˚ / 9.955267˚ (Map)
    Currently in Port: HAMBURG
    Info Received: 0d 0h 9min 13s ago