Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Furuno

Blohm & Voss 119m Yacht "A" Video

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by lovinlifenc, Apr 16, 2010.

1. lovinlifenc

lovinlifenc Member

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Wow, thanks alot, and I thought that the pics by Anja Wippich were astounding...the video offers more insight!
  3. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Thanks for posting. I searched however was unable to find it earlier. Mods: Sorry about the double post. :eek:
  4. Iluvyachts

Iluvyachts Member

Nice post, good to see the interior for a change!! I'm So tired of all this yacht interior privacy, it's just silly! So we finally see the inside of A. Does it really change anything?? Yacht interior privacy will never make sense to me!
  5. Yacht News

So, lets put it this way. If you owned your own yacht as large as "A" would you let everyone come aboard and roam about as they please? Would you invite the world's press to photograph your private interiors as they will?
  6. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

When you own a large boat, it will makes sense.
  7. Exactly, yacht is 'Private', a private ship like an appartment or house, nobody goes inside if not someday get invited. If 'Public' then is only to buy 'cruise ships' tickets' and playing almost the same, but never is same 'own' experience to be feeling free 'alone'. This happens also in VIP planes :) 'Exclusive All Inclusive', luxus
  8. Iluvyachts

Iluvyachts Member

Yes I would, interior designers work for years on the interiors only to have their work hidden. I don't see any harm in showing photo's of the interior at all!! I would invite press and media to view, so all could see.

Unless someone can explain how seeing the interior of a yacht is harmful? Or is it some kind of rich snob arrogance that i'm missing?
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

A lot of the individuals that take the time and spend the money to create these floating masterpieces are very private individuals. They value their privacy as much as the next man. If you had the money and foresight to build one of these do you really think you would open to up to the world?

I am involved in a big project now where no one who is not mentioned in the build contract and has passed a security clearance check plus signed a confidentiality agreement is allowed on the vessel, cameras and phones with cameras are banned.

I have no objection or problem complying with the clients instruction, it is his dream and my job to help it become a reality.
  10. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

What part of "Private" don't you understand?
    I assure you..... you go build a 150M (million or meter, you pick) boat, the *LAST* thing you're going to want is people, press and photographers parading in and out of your boat.
  11. Iluvyachts

Iluvyachts Member

I understand it's his privacy and it still will be his privacy, because we will not know who the owner is. So showing the interior shouldn't be a problem? If i had the means i would chronicle the whole project on this site and others for all to see and enjoy.

I remember a tread awhile back on yacht forums, I believe it was a 74 fairline that he let everyone on YF enjoy in his build experience. Even if the boat was the stature of A i would still do it. Some owners allow it, some don't...
  12. Yacht News

Remember the designer is working FOR the owner to create his dream interior. If the interior stylist and desiger was working for himself or herself I am sure all the cameras in the world would parade in and out of the interior. The key here is PRIVACY. If you do not understand that you won't understand the whole concept of it. "A" has been very private until now and all of the interior spaces still haven't been shown.
  13. First of all, sorry writing again, but i feel myself in responsability to add something more K1W1 said to this guy.

@ Iluvyachts: I will try to explain how my work life was. I participated in Car projects Series and also Concept ones for companies like General Motors, Volkswagen, BMW and Audi, but as well in military projects for the vehicle called NH90 at Eurocopter. Before entering any of those projects, we have to sign terms of compromise about secrecy, that if you broke it, you are really in trouble. Some 100 or more employees do that for all departments they work for. Even people working with a project inside the company do not have access to all information at all. Visits in factories with Mobile Phones with cameras are strict forbiden, the way my phone is very simple. Also all designers i had contact used to have simple old cell phones to avoid problems. And for that i am saying of companies where some 20000 employees work daily in several projects and different areas from design concepts until banal street series products. Even though, if you give an information 2 years or more after about a secret point of patents, strong important information, you can be got a door close to the court paying really very high fines. So it is your skin in the game daily, in order you get your bread salary. So you don't take risks, right? Immagine then projects of just 1 vehicle that is extrem particular and peculiar in world, i mean, just one, not a series of a car to be produced 40 at same shape and interiors with m or l same materials daily, with an end of about 1 million units. So immagine a product that just 1 vehicle costs more than 1 million cars. Then, you had also never seen secret divulgated by paparazzi from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Northrop, Grumman from products like B2 and so on, have you ever seen? no, the secrets are never revelead and those products belong to a public government or commercial institution. Then immagine now you are a man, extream powered, that has something that 1 billion people in world doesn't, i mean nobody else in planet Earth. So understood now? For Eurocopter the documents i signed were really more than 30 pages before entering in company with my feet go working for just 3 months to close some things and they repeat that everytime someone new is. Yes, life is hard, really. For us normal. If K1W1 revealed something also maybe to his wife or family, he has life risks. My contract terms for GM was in a way in couldn't never speak detailed what i did inside the company to my wife. Immagine also inside a design department which i was going entering and participating. If you say a detail, immediately others go copying and you are not 'unique' anymore with your 100 million dollars investment for your own private life to be around. This is the whole point. A SR-71 Blackbird you can see now in museum, but all important parts were taken out before... if patents were still pending. So, it is really extrem complex that. And reporters sometimes can be lot afraid divulgating something not permitted without strict authorization previously to not be in risk.
  14. Iluvyachts

Iluvyachts Member

@MKM. I understand for your special projects you may need that type of privacy and I totally agree. But, We are talking about YACHT INTERIOR PICTURES only! It's different then your example.
  15. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

One either understands it or they don't. Continuing to debate the fundamental principle of wealth and privacy on the internet is a fruitless endeavor.
  16. Yacht News

Agreed! Back to the essence of the topic.