Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Battery Voltage Meter at Helm

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by PaPa, Jul 25, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PaPa

PaPa New Member

My port side engine voltage meter just decided to quit working. Is there a fuse link between the alternator and the meter that could be the issue? if so where may I find it.

This is on a 1992 carver 3608 with crusader 454's. I have tried the battery selector switch in all positions without any affect. I wanted to check for fuse links before pulling the alternator to have it checked out.

Thanks for any impute.
  2. g36

g36 Member

Guessing you know your battery is not totally dead. as in 0 volts.
    Altenator won't be the issue. Are you getting any reading when the key is on? My carver 405 has circuit breakers by the battery selector switch under the salon stairs for voltmeter only. Yours probably have some breaker for yours. You could also just connect 12v to the voltmeter to check it. you could also contact carver and request electrical schematic for your boat
  3. PaPa

PaPa New Member

Thank you g36. I will check the by the battery selector when I get back to the boat. I really didn't think to look there. Should have know...