Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Walker

Apreamare

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by jesid123, Apr 9, 2015.

1. jesid123

jesid123 New Member

I'm looking at a 2001 Apreamare 9 meter with twin VM Motori diesels. Has anybody had any experience with these boats?
  2. Xlantic

Xlantic New Member

I had a 1996 Apreamare 9 with twin VM diesels. I had the boat for about 5 years before upgrading.

I was very happy with it and had no issues.

They are beautiful boats, well made and with classic looks which helps them keep their value.
  3. jesid123

jesid123 New Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply. They are unique and very beautiful but very rare in US waters so I wasn't familiar with the line. I will post a pic if we end up buying it.
  4. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Keep their value? I don't think an "orphan" brand has any history of keeping value in a large resale market.
    I know of a boat in Australia which could not be sold due to it's "uniqueness".
    Many understand quality in design, build and utility. Yet that rarely translates to re-sale value when there is no benchmark to judge by.
    Tread very carefully before you buy this brand because you may end up owning it for a very long time, unless of course the pain of initial outlay has been absorbed by the earlier buyer.
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It's not just the brand that is unique, the boat as well. It may be very appealing to you and, if so, that's great. I wouldn't go into any purchase of a boat thinking it's resale value was very high. The common boats then it becomes there are too many of them priced all over the place. The unique boat it becomes a situation where it doesn't appeal to a broad group.
  6. 4medsafety

4medsafety New Member

Who knows Italian boats and could possible help me? I have an Apreamare 10 meter and have many questions about the symbols on the control panels. For example, Autoclave with a picture of a spigot?
  7. mapism

mapism Senior Member

"Autoclave" is the IT for fresh water pump.
    Happy to help with anything else you might be be unsure of.
  8. Maritna_ra

Maritna_ra Active Member

If you need help...I'm Italian :)
    SeaLion and 4medsafety like this.
  9. 4medsafety

4medsafety New Member

Thank you. That was my guess. I am unable to copy the key to enter the boat. It is a small key similar to what would be used for a cabinet. It is an Italian key. Any insight for an Italian key blank?
  10. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Do you mean that you have the key, and just can't find a blank to cut based on the original one?
    In any case, I'm afraid there are several possible producers for that stuff, and I can't recall by heart which one was used by Apreamare.
    The manufacturer is normally stamped on the key, but not always, also because some keys are "generic".
    Safest option is to check the name/logo on the cylinder.
    If you could take a closeup photo of the round round face where you insert the key, I can confirm you what key you need. And in the worst case, shouldn't you find it in the US, it wouldn't be a problem for me to buy as many blanks as you need here in Italy, and post them to you.
  11. 4medsafety

4medsafety New Member

Thank you. I will check on the identifying marks and try to determine.
  12. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I had to order a box of blanks for our original GB owners. There was one lock set that nobody stocked keys for.
    If your tumbler is from China, I may have some blanks.
  13. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Very unlikely. As I said, I can't be positive on what brand they used, but I'd be extremely surprised if it weren't an Italian one.
  14. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Just trying to be helpfull. Key locks do come from all over the world.
  15. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Yep, far from saying that they only come from Italy.
    But I'm almost sure they do in an Apreamare - that's all I meant.
  16. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

All cool. I'm not familiar with the equip on that brand. But, some blanks could be hard to find for even a Italian rig. A real locksmith as I had found, should be able to recognize the key and help. Just some little hood shop that has the popular keys would be lost.
  17. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I agree. Take the key to a real locksmith and maybe the tumbler or lock and see what they can do