Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander

Anyone need a pair of outriggers?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by ranger58sb, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

I'm thinking of selling our Rupp "RUPPRIGGER Tournament" two-spreader outriggers, partly because we never use them (they came with the boat), but also to reduce our air draft -- and I don't have a place to store them if I were to simply dismount them.

Details available, if anyone's interested.

-Chris
  2. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

Mmmmm. 2 spreader. Short ones? I'm looking for something a little shorter. Can you do a length measurement?
  3. Tommy Rice

Tommy Rice Member

What do you want to do? can you disassemble them to ship them? Do you still have them?
  4. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Thanks for asking, guys.

They're 33' long.

I don't want to disassemble -- looks like a bazillion hours of work -- so I'm hoping for a local sale of some sort... or at least local pick-up. My intention is to dismount them, leaving the mounting hardware on our boat (available from Rupp) -- so I don't have to do any 'glass work to repair the aftermath.

-Chris
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  5. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

Well pick up wouldn't have need a problem but they are the same size as what I have. Looking for shorter ones to mitigate draw bridge problems. Thanks anyway.
  6. Tashmoo

Tashmoo New Member

Ranger I may be interested in your riggers. Gold or silver hardware? How old are they, what honest condition and how much do you want to get for them? Shoot me s private message if you prefer
  7. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Thanks, see PM...

-Chris
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They come apart pretty darn easy. The only thing that holds them together are the guide wires and a bolt or two......you can actually loosen all the guide wires and pull them apart in an hour or two for both.
  9. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Useful to know. The parts diagram -- must be about a gazillion parts on each -- makes it look very complicated.

-Chris
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

it's not, the guide wires are what hold the pieces together.....loosen them and take them off and the outrigger falls apart into pieces. The pipes just slip fit into the spreaders. Without the guide wires the outriggers just fall apart.
  11. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Thanks, I'll have a closer look. One correspondent discovered the guide wires themselves go for about $1K... so I'd just as soon not mess with them. I guess if they don't sell, though, at least I could store them dismantled; don't have a place to store fully assembled...

-Chris
  12. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I had a customer with a garage full of bikes and kayaks hanging and no place to store his outriggers. He found a great place under the eaves of his house.

I had a similar problem when I was fishing AND entertaining without a safe place for my gear.
    I was about to enlarge the end attic vent and lift them up there like a barn loft.
    Well, wife 1 kept the house and the boat finally sold so that was never implemented but I still think one of these ideas may help.
  13. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Thanks for ideas. Our house is sort of gingerbread-like, mostly chopped up small-ish spaces (including the two separate attics), no long runs... so haven't been able to discover a 33' solution anywhere yet... so intact storage has been the challenge. Storing dismantled might be a piece o' cake, comparatively.

-Chris
  14. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You could store them outside, they are outside 24/7 on the boat afterall. Just give them a good coat of collinite insulator wax to protect the metal.

Trust me when I tell you this, they come apart easy. Just loosen all of the turn buckles on the guide wires, as long as they all loosen and they usually do, slack off all of the guide wires and they literally fall apart.
  15. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Thanks. Outside storage -- apart -- could work.

-Chris