Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Westport

Another fun round of name that yacht!

Discussion in 'Delta Yacht' started by Dan Evans, Jun 15, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I had a friend call today asking about a yacht she saw today in Alaska. I couldnt give her a name based on what she told me but I thought I would give everyone else a chance. Here is what I know...

Built by Delta, 3 decks, white hull, Australian flagged, red stripe (probably just the waterline), and two large oval windows near the bow. It is not shown on their website.

I know that isnt much of a clue but I figured someone may know her name:)

Oh yeah, the first person to correctly name her gets, well, no prize or anything just the glory of being correct!

Thanks everyone,
    Dan
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's been a long time since I've seen any of this fellows boats, but he used to love Deltas so let me just guess "Zopelote" (or one of her more recent offspring) before I even look for her. It's Sunday morning , I'm going to work on a boat filled with gorgeous women so I don't mind looking foolish today.:D
  3. Neil Rooney

Neil Rooney Senior Member

Could it be Marama 124' 2008??
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I think Marama has a US flag
  5. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

Neil I think you are correct that the yacht is Marama. The grey hull must have been mistaken for white and the US flag for an Australian flag. Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Dan

Oh, and maybe someone can confirm this by letting us know if Marama is in Petersberg Alaska...?
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

7. Neil Rooney

Neil Rooney Senior Member

Hostility?
    Sarcasm?
    What's this?
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Neil, what is it you refer to as sarcasm...?
  9. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

Neil,
    I beleive you may be refering to my second post. Sorry if that came across the wrong way. You did get the name of the yacht correct, however when my friend gave me all the specs she noticed about it, she was wrong about the color of the hull and the flag it was flying. Sorry for any misunderstandings and thanks again for figuring out the yacht even with all the false information. The oval windows and the white hull threw me, since there is no Delta built like that:rolleyes:

Yachtnews,
    Of course I saw your page on Marama:) I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say keep up the good work!

Dan