Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for MotorCheck Click for Comfort Click for Westport

| Amels | 76.61M | "Boadicea" ex. "Reborn" ex. "Boadicea" | 1999/19 |

Discussion in 'Amels Yacht' started by christo303, Jan 30, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

One of the most impressive Amels yachts around : the 231'28 Boadicea

Attached Files:

2. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

She was launched in 1998 for an Australian television magnate, living on Bermuda. Difficult to believe but he was standing amongst the little crowd on the aft deck in this photo at the IYCA in September 2002.

Attached Files:

3. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

Although she's only about 7 meters longer than her neighbour Siran, you can clearly see how much bigger she is in terms of volume. Siran is a very big yacht but she's literally dwarfed by the giant Amels...

Attached Files:

4. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

stern view

Attached Files:

5. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

detail.

See also the special custom designed tender by Vikal, an Australian company. Many of the large yachts today carry their tenders stowed away in garages below main deck but onboard Boadicea, they are still stored amidships on the main deck.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  6. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

Later in the evening on that same Saturday in September 2002, we saw her entering the Baie de Villefranche : impressive boat.

Attached Files:

7. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Boadicea

Her name comes from a queen from the Iceni Celts who fought against the Romans in AD 61 to 63. In AD 61, Prasutagus, Boadicea's husband and King of the Iceni died. A dispute followed during which Boadicea, was publicly beaten by the soldiers of the emperor, and her two daughters raped. The Iceni were insulted and rose in revolt led by their queen Boadicea. So successful was the uprising that the Romans were almost defeated. She's one of the most famous heroines of Britain. A big statute of her can be seen near the Houses of Parliament in London.

The same statue is also represented on her funnel and inside the yacht near the dining room.

Attached Files:

8. cammy

cammy New Member

Borders of Scotland about the last place you would
    Hello All

I was sent to a boat builders in 1998 to weld a boat!When i got there all i could find was a stack of plates on pallets .

2 years later and a move to Makkum and good old Amels i saw this wonderfull ship sail away .I could not have been prouder .(only if Scotland win the rugby worldcup!!! :cool:

Cameron
  9. Ronan

Ronan New Member

Also . . .

She has one of the nicest lawns I have ever seen on a boat of any size or type. Yes, real grass on one of her upper aft decks.
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Welcome aboard Cameron! We're about to have Amels onboard too! Victor is having banners made for us right now and I'll be meeting with him at the Ft. Lauderdale show.

We would enjoy hearing about some of the more challenging aspects of your position. Too many people take for granted the difficulty of building a yacht and are even less are familiar with the tools, procedures, etc.

Feel free to share... :)
  11. cammy

cammy New Member

Borders of Scotland about the last place you would
    boadicea

Hi Ronan

Thanks for the reply and yes i did know about the garden .I was asked to t.i.g.weld the surround by Amels and when i asked for the drawings i was told that it was not needed and could i just please weld the thing .so after 2 weeks work welding and polishing the thing i asked what its purpose was .

I would be lying if i said i was peed off when they told me ....oh its just a garden and small pool for the dog!!!!! :eek: :mad:

Cheers

Cammy
  12. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

13. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I guess many people know that the "Boadicea" is no more. Her new name is "Reborn" and really she has been reborn. She went through an extensive refit that saw her have full repaint (featuring a tan hull and white superstructure), a new mast assembly and modification. The forward 'permanent steaming mast' is gone as well. It appears as her hull was lengthened at the stern, and the stern is totally different to what it was before. She honestly looks nothing like the yacht before, I almost did not recognise what vessel I was looking at.
  14. Yacht News

Beautiful double height atrium room/lounge onboard "Reborn" (ex. "Boadicea")

CW

Attached Files:

15. PetarR

PetarR New Member

It is interesting that nobody didn't post picture of ''new'' Boadicea, Reborn.
    It's totally different vessel.
  16. JustMag

JustMag Member

here you go..................

Attached Files:

17. Yacht News

That was one extensive and design-altering refit, came out very well.
  18. JustMag

JustMag Member

Couldn't agree more. Taking that giant beach ball off the top of the ship did wonders!
  19. Justus

Justus Guest

I saw recently some really nice interior and exterior pictures of
    the 2010 refited Reborn.
    And the biggest surprise for me
    was a little garden(!) at end of the Bridgedeck.

Unfortunatly I can't post the link.
  20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The little grassy bit is probably originally where the first Owners used to let their dog take a dump onboard.