Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Perko

Amazing New Blohm & Voss 147 Meter..

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by YachtForums, Apr 21, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This extraordinary yacht was designed by the French architect Hermidas Atabeyki (Paris) in cooperation with Blohm + Voss. The design is characterized by various novel ideas of the architect such as the arrangement of a spacious open loggia, balconies for the guest suites, a futuristic inside submarine hangar and a helicopter hangar.

Characteristics:
    Length overall 147.10 m
    Breadth 21.50 m
    Draught 5.0 m

Max. speed 25.0 kn
    Cruising speed 20.0 kn

Owner and guests 24 persons

1 owner suite
    6 guest suites
    5 VIP suites

Outfitting:
    Loggia
    Atrium
    Several lounges
    Cinema
    Disco
    Outside pool
    Submarine garage
    Helicopter hangar
    Several pleasure boats
    Tenders

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

Side view rendering...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Foyer...

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

Submarine Hanger!!

Attached Files:

5. Leveller

Leveller Senior Member

Isn't it difficult to open the hull somewhere in the middle to bring in or out a submarine like on the picture above? I've seen this in a James Bond movie but this was fiction.... So dosen't come stabilising problems with such an opening?
  6. techmati

techmati Senior Member

ThyssenKrupp says :

Yacht building ‚ setting trends, realising dreams

The predominant trend in MEGA yacht building is clear – length counts! Current projects all over the world confirm this. Blohm + Voss is prepared for this development. Project studies for MEGA yachts with lengths in excess of 76 metres have already been submitted. The highlight amongst the latest projects bears the name M-147. Behind this simple combination of letter and numbers is concealed a 147-metre luxury yacht which sets new standards in design, features and functionality.

M-147 was created in conjunction with the Parisian designer Hermidas Atabeyki: his basic idea was to develop several thematically different room elements instead of long, continuous decks, yet retaining the elements of spaciousness and largeness. Various loggias, balconies, oriels and sundecks were created. The visitors on board are thus bestowed continually new views and insights. One of the special characteristics of the futuristic M-147 yacht is the loggia which extends along the entire width of the yacht and which links the main salon with the dining room. In the stern, a round room with continuous glass front allows an impressive 270° panoramic view. The M-147 is also equipped with a swimming pool on the top deck, a cinema and a disco. The yacht has a garage for a submarine by which owner and guests can embark on an underwater discovery tour, and a helicopter landing pad. An 18-metre long tender is perfectly integrated into the silhouette.

Using synergies and opening up new potentials: this is what Blohm + Voss offer with the use of the innovative CODAG-WARP® (Combined Diesel and Gas Turbine, Waterjet and Refined Propellers) drive concept developed for naval shipbuilding which is also used in yacht building. The drive configuration, comprising two diesel engines each with 5,920 kW with a propeller each and a gas turbine with 20,000 kW with hydrojet propulsion, enables speeds above 30 knots. This design enables completely new alternatives in the construction and design of decks, since exhaust gas ducts no longer have to be taken into consideration. A new standard in the construction of MEGA yachts has been defined in the form of this drive concept.
  7. techmati

techmati Senior Member

it indicates that she would have the CODAG-WARP package like Ecstasea but this is optional, can have 4 x 7400 bhp or 2x 7400 BHP and 1 x 26000 BHP turbine

Frenchman Atabeyki was originally a designer for Renault then formed his own company working for many car manufacturers.

You can have Atabeyaki bodykit for the Lambo Diablo :cool:
    http://www.lambocars.com/archive/diablo/diabloh.htm

he is chief designer behind the Fenomenon Stratos Concept Car 2005 interpretation of the 1970 Lancia Stratos
    http://www.stratossupersite.com/fenomenon.htm
  8. jimminychricket

jimminychricket New Member

I agree. i like the ship design better. I swear, Every Deckhand and Stew is going to want to work on that magnificent piece of art! I know I am. Does any one know how much the project is going to cost and when it will most likly begin construction?

P.S. : What kind of CADD program do they use?
  9. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

M-147 Windows

Well ok, hello all, I am new to the post and saw the B&V boat, what a change from the aircraft that they made in the 1940s or even the boats they did pre-war.

As for coast, it should be a hell of a lot, but fist they would need a client, unless this is a yard venture, that is a big risk. I am not to sold on the sub idea, but I do like the space for lots of gests, and must the helicopter :)

As for CAD most likely around 2004 but I only use the basic stuff not the ship builders. I would asume that the Yacht will have 0 speed stability for the Sub lunch and retreaval. The rear bay for the tender looks nice, is that a custome tender you think?

Qustion though they make no mention on crew size or berths, any thoughts?
  10. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear Techmati and Carl,

I have not read this thread earlier, but I would like to have a comment on the nationality of Hermidas, he is not French but Persian. He states that what he has brought into the design of boats is that he works on scenarios instead of set themes. So, instead of having large salons and rooms as the size increases he concentrates on the owners preferences of how he wants to live the spaces.

Nilo

11. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

12. Brian

Brian Senior Member

I've seen this design in the magazines for months now.
    Have they now started construction or just fishing around for a client?
    It's beautiful. But wow, how big will these yachts continue to grow?
    We just wached the "Inconvenient Truth" and cannot stop thinking we're hurdling into a brick wall with everything getting bigger and consuming more and more.
  13. cordless

cordless New Member

Hi I am new to this forum, but have followed the industry since a small child, and even worked in it for a while with a couple of the key designers. I have seen so many of these "concept" designs, and they all have one thing in common. If an owner is not pulling the strings, it simply ends up representing all the good, or weid idears of the designer, with little consideration for any form of cohesive integration. Can anyone actually visualise this yacht around the place? There is a place for these "concepts" as they broarden peoples perception of what a yacht should look like. Personally I don't think this yacht adds much to the discussion.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  14. urbansarah

urbansarah Guest

I read that Roman Abramovich has commissioned B&V to build this yacht, however she will be even more than 147m and she will be named Eclipse.

With B&V being so secretive, its hard to get any info!
  15. oyvin

oyvin New Member

I have recently been to Blohm & Voss, and worked on the eclipse. And my god what a big Yacht.
    But i dont think those models are correct, of course its hard to get a look at the entire boat as it is standing in a dock with walls close to the hull. But I notice a couple of things, like where the model is showing a helipad, I think there will be a pool. As they have welded together a large stainless steel pool-like "Box" there. But i will not say anything for certain. I may be wrong.
  16. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Hey Oyvin, welcome to Yacht Forums. It is good that you were able to have a first hand look. Seeing how tight liped B&V are about the project, be careful with what you say:)
  17. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

M-147 has nothing to do with eclipse.