Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Alarm horn in salon over head wire run,1980 46'

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Matt46post, Jun 25, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

does anybody know what the horn is for in the salon wire run,it looks original , Eng shut off warning?bilge warning? Genset shut off warning?, also my cabin/shower fan isn't working,there is a pull switch in both heads,I get any power to them,do those wires go into the engine and over to the panel?.. Has anybody ever made a rack on there bow to store a fighting chair when not in use? It sure will open up the aft deck space
    Thanks
    Matt
  2. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

On mine the horn you speak of is a speaker connected to the hailer on the bridge so you can communicate below.

for the exhaust fan, there are three switches on mine, one in the FWD head one in the aft head and a third in the shower itself.
    The circuit breaker marked "Cabin Blower" feeds them from the DC panel.
    I believe this is a dedicated circuit.

Can't help you with the chair, I got rid of mine altogether for the same reason
  3. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

thank you for the info ,I would assume the breaker for cabin blowers is the correct breaker, where is your shower switch ? I beleive I have a couple of holes to the right of the towel storage door in the shower,does the blower do a good job? There is only a evaq vent in the shower correct?
    Matt
  4. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

The blower is located in the little storage closet . Mines got a flexible hose to a set of holes in the shower wall.
    My shower switch it high on the wall of the shower stall.

Start at the breaker to see if there is power.
    Next look fo power at the blower with the switches on.
    work your way backwards until you find the culprit.
    See if maybe someone removed the switch in the shower stall and left the wires disconnected there.
  5. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

Thanks again for the info, I think your right the switch in the shower is missing, I replaced the blower motor a couple months ago because it was dead