Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Comfort Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

Africat Owners

Discussion in 'AfriCat Yacht' started by blayson, Jun 13, 2007.

1. blayson

blayson New Member

Are there any Africat owners out there, would be interested in any information
  2. captdaler

captdaler New Member

I'm an Africat owner- can you tell me more info about this forum
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to YF.

As the original poster asked their question more than 2 yrs ago and yours is the first reply I guess that there aren't any Africat Owners here or non willing to comment till you have registered.

Would you care to share your experiences of ownership and operation of one of these with the rest of us?
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Welcome Cap. Best way to find out about this Forum is to scroll through, pick topics of interest to you, and read. I think you'll find it pretty interesting and informative. You might even want to send a PM to blayson to help re-ignite this thread.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Personally, I like the ride of cats, the small wake and the economy but my one issue is sleeping in the sponsons with the wall to wall to wall bed. Just perception though, not experience. How do you like that Captdaler? Also how is it getting dock space with a boat that wide? Any other pros or cons from your experience?
  7. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

I'm very interested in the Africat 420. Any owners interested in sharing their experiences with the forum? Durability of the boat, rough seakeeping ability, etc...
  8. Africat

Africat New Member

Yes, I'm an Africat owner and love the yacht. The ride, performance, storage, and fishability is the best.
    Paul Engelhardt
  9. Africat

Africat New Member

I love the boat. Owned ours for 4 years and love her. The ride is the best. We just returned from our trip to the Exumas from Clearwater, fl. with all of us (8). The best cruising grounds ever.
    Paul Engelhardt
  10. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing, I would love to hear some of your experinces in rougher water with her. How she handled in different sea states, speed, etc.

John
  11. Africat

Africat New Member

Africat ride

John,

Our Africat is a Yacht that is able to have my wife, who is very prone to seasickness, still love boating and never been sick, after 4 yrs of boating, trips to Exumas, northern Bahamas and Keys. I have been thru 4-5' seas with 20-23 mph winds, still going 18 knots, not fun but we make out destination passing other boats getting slammed. I can't imagine running her like I have in a mono hull. Oh, the big thing is she does not porpoise like other cats.

Do you own an Africat today?
    Paul
  12. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

Hi Paul,

I don't, I'm about 2 years from purchasing and will be looking for a used one on the market. I believe they started building them in 2004 so I will probably be looking around a 2006/2007 model when I'm ready. I'm a research junkie and appreciate hearing real world experiences.

John
  13. Africat

Africat New Member

John - when the time comes for your ownership be sure to contact me. I would love to pick up a bigger cat.

Email address removed per YF's guidelines. Please read the rules.
  14. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

Paul,

Will do, PM your e-mail address
  15. blayson

blayson New Member

I am looking for a used Africat. Please send me contact info.
    Also would lilt to lease onenthis fall Sept and Oct.
    Thanks
  16. Africat

Africat New Member

Funny you ask now - I sold my 2006 Africat last December, which really wasn't for sale. We could not live with out it so I just bought another one this past week.
    I know of a new smaller 38' power cat for sale would this work?
    Greatest Success
  17. blayson

blayson New Member

looked at smaller one , too small, thanks though.

looked at smaller one , too small, thanks though.
  18. Ricardo Cunha

Ricardo Cunha New Member

Good afternoon sir, I would like information about representation and sales of their boats here in Brazil, but do not speak English but I would not be a problem, I have 45 to 29 years and work at the stock exchange in sao paulo as a broker, and I will to represent a company out here in Brazil, if you can help me, I will be available, I have many contacts and friends in the country, thanks for listening.
    Sincerely,

Ricardo Cunha.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I think you would be better off contacting the manufacturers of these yachts instead of posting the request to represent them here in this forum.

I don't think any of the previous posters have any relationship to the manufacturer to an extent that they might be able to award dealerships.
  20. Ricardo Cunha

Ricardo Cunha New Member

Ok , Tks !!!