Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross

About Van Dutch boats

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Abdoosh71, Dec 18, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Monacomaven

Monacomaven New Member

Anything new coming out in the 50-60 foot open market?

Wajer 55 seems to be a very nice addition but also a bit on the expensive side?
  2. Liam

Liam Senior Member

If I was in the market for this kind of boat, an Itama would be on the top of my list. If you have deeper pockets I would go for a Magnum 51 or 60.

As for something new there is a couple of additions; MedYacht from France (build by Galeon in Poland is a new option) and have a project for a new 60 with IPS pod drives, and Rizzardi also have a project for a new 57 TL on more traditional lines.

This market has a bit frozen out since the recession, a few years ago the Naples-Rome area was full of builders building inspiring yet conservative open boats (Tornado, XL Marine etc etc).
  3. jsschieff

jsschieff Senior Member

Does Fjord make a boat in this size range? I saw one of their boats on display in Miami or Palm beach this year. Similar flat sheer/plumb bow look of Van Dutch line.
  4. nicoloszenberg

nicoloszenberg New Member

VanDutch used (and maybe still uses) to not pay providers. No idea if they went bankruptcy or not, but they kept changing the place of production to avoid problems with creditors.
    About the boats.....they might be cool to watch (a question of taste), but they navigate quite badly. It is a boat good for a lake or in calm sea, with waves the boats can easily spin off and are very very wet due to the stupid bow design. So...another boat designed by someone who never navigates in his life!
  5. Fiammetta42

Fiammetta42 Member

Seen them struggle with average waves in the Cote d Azur .
    There’s a lot here mostly bought and flagged Dutch .
    I think they have a shallow deadrise and the 40 sterndrive s .
    Day boats really for villa owners .
    Small bathing platform and nowhere to put any tender .
  6. GhostriderIII

GhostriderIII Senior Member

Have you seen a 32ft Linssen Dutch Sturdy