Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Perko

Abeking & Rasmussen Yachts

Discussion in 'Abeking & Rasmussen Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 12, 2004.

1. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Maybe I should have said almost ready for delivery :). I could see that flattering tape on the stern reling. But there was some activity on the boat and cleaning or polishing going on by guys, that definately did not look like A&R crew. Anyway a very nice looking boat.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

There´s an exciting new hull under way for Abeking & Rasmussen which is supposed to become project number 6501.
    Hull.jpg
  3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Looks almost like one more of those:

Aviva on the hard.JPG
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

So she is the 98m project or another one? I am looking forward to see her completed.
  5. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

Yes, you´re right, it´s the 98m project. The hull was delivered last week by FSG in Flensburg and is on its way to Abeking & Rasmussen to be finished into just another spectacular yacht. And with that enormous size Abeking & Rasmussen gets closer to the typical size range of their neighbours on the other side of the Weser river.
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Same thing I thought... when I saw the hull there HTM
  7. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

€126 million doesn't seem bad for that project intensity build. Would this be close to or under cost?
  8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

I would say, for a 320 ft long yacht from a northern European yard, quite reasonable, if your info is correct. I do not believe, you would get a yacht of that size for this amount of money from the other side of that river.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents
  9. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

There are some more free pictures of A&R Hull 6501 around in northern Germany. I personally do like her closed transom. Most likely folding down type with tender bay behind and double A&R tender lauch system.

A&R hull 6501.jpg
  10. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I do not believe, you would get a yacht of that size for this amount of money from the either side of the river.
  11. German Yachting

12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Still a pretty ambitious offer. Even a proven steel hull with all technical installments, leaves some financial risks with a superstructure of this radical design. Three dimensional curved multi-layered safety glass, tinted, bulled proof or even switching and strong enough to be classed as structual part of the aluminum super structure at and above the main deck, is very hard to financially calculate from the drawing board. And this design includes a lot of these glass.

Just remember how much trouble Mister L. Allison had with the curved glass of his yacht Rising Sun. And this glass came from one of the leading companies in this field.

Maybe, this design goes to same storage locker in the A&R office building as the 200 ft advanced A&R swath yacht design from RL.

Real trend setters and people to take the risk in the new technologies are a very rare species among large yacht owners.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents
  13. Yacht News

The most updated A&R website I have ever seen has recently been launched! Looks good!

http://abeking.com/en
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

It is not good on my Mac with Safari. Just a mess with pictures floating in all directions....
  15. Yacht News

Interestingly... "Dartwo" has been renamed on delivery as "Romea"... I thought Dartwo was her final name.
  16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Reymond Langton are responsible for exterior and interior of the 98m 6501.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  17. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

18. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

The shipyards' extension process worth 20 million euros, will be completed in roughly 4 weeks. They are now able to build boats up to 120m.
  19. Yacht News

That extension finished rather fast!
  20. German Yachting

Romea is for sale.