Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno Click for Burger

A yacht owner's 24 month new boat experience - Azimut

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by Boat Owner, Feb 9, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Thank you. The documentary's goal is to help new buyers set their expectations, it may also aid the manufacturer improve the manufacturing process and help the dealer improve their service. There is a word of advice at the end that encourages buyers to survey a new boat, have a captain look it over, check that the dealer can provide timely service and expert diagnosis, check the warranty jurisdiction and dealer recall policy.
  2. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Yachtforums. Please explain. I do not know what "Bump this thread means". Do you mean the poster is not allowed to reply. If so please clarify and I will follow your wishes.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Now all of a sudden you know how to post???
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It means what you just did again. Posting an empty post just to push it up to the front of the pack. It's hard to believe the guy in the video is as incapable of reading and understanding as you appear to be. And, frankly, I do not believe the documentary's purpose is at all to help new buyers but it's to give you publicity on your continued campaign against Azimut and MarineMax as shown by your tweets and your empty posts here and repeated posts of 9 in a row, then 6 in a row. You must have never been on any forum before.
  5. YachtForums

Yet he opened a new thread with no problem. Then posted properly when I threatened to remove his membership.
  6. Ksgboater

Ksgboater New Member

With all due respect to the Yacht Forum and I do appreciate the challenges faced by the Moderators. I don't know the motives of the the initiator of the Thread. But, the video was informative and appears to be accurate. Is that not the type of information that the Yacht Forum should be seeking?
  7. YachtForums

We have no problem with the video he posted or informative discussions that may follow. You missed the other 30 posts that were removed from this thread, hence the last few posts by myself and OlderBoater.
  8. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Much of the great dialogue by fellow forum members has been removed for some reason so this thread now makes little sense and has lost value, but it is what it is.
    I appreciate the member who helped me with the non intuitive interface with this forum. Much appreciated.
    There has been much reference to reading the forum rules. I did for the third time to make sure I hadn't missed anything and what I found particularly poignant were rules under "Conduct" and " Proper Forum Etiquette"......very important.
    Just to answer olderboater.......you are absolutely correct I spend little to no time on Forums.
  9. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

I would have thought this was the type of information that the Yacht Forum should be seeking but I'm brand new to this group and am now not sure. All info in the film is based on actual dealer written "work orders" and official e-mailed warranty approvals from the manufacturer. I'm happy to hear you appreciate something informative and accurate Ksgboater. If you have any questions or if I can be of help in anyway please let me know.
  10. YachtForums

The only thing we removed were your 20 or so blank postings to bump the thread. We also moved several posts related to forum management, which were placed in the Yacht Club forum for further discussion, so as to not dilute the content of this thread.
  11. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

I'm glad you found the film well produced. I've made a couple of award winning documentaries it's a hobby. This is the first on a boat and a friend was the cameraman and edited . Thanks for contacting me offline.......small world !
    I can't answer your two questions off hand but as you can imagine it was expensive and it was not just the time in the yard that was lost it was also the time without vital instruments and components which made the boat unsafe to use that really added up as well.
  12. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Glad to hear the several posts weren't lost but will be reviewed. Prudent management. Apologies again for my "newbie" postings in the wrong boxes and I'm grateful to the members that gave me guidance.
  13. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I say we keel haul him.....might help him get on point. Ay matey?
  14. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Hi Alf, I replied to your question before but not correctly as I was having problems learning the interface first day. The boat was taken to a MarineMax yard each time except for the bottom painting the second time because it needed to be done correctly and some cracked gell coat work after I was disappointed with previous attempts. MarineMax used their own (or contracted) techs but also brought in the component manufacturer experts when needed. The boat had to go to a MarineMax yard for warranty work. It was covered by an Azimut "masterpeace" warranty (3 years), component manufacturer warranties and also I purchased another warranty from MarineMax that took the warranty period out another 3 years (6 in total with one underwriter or another). It was MarineMax responsibility to "Coordinate".
    Cheers.
  15. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Very interesting ychtcptn. Do you think is an industry norm ?
  16. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Actually I was helped by a fellow member who's post you just removed. All's good now.
  17. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Most definitely not an industry norm.

And forgetting your tangled web of extended warranty's and service agreements, if it was under Azimut's initial warranty, Rolly can service it as well.

But what you got into was service agreements where the dealer does get the initial revenue and then is responsible for the service under that agreement. The three year master peace and the three years of MarineMax are not true warranty's but really service agreements. Only your initial Azimut warranty and all your separate equipment warranty's were true warranty's.

The difference is that a warranty, warrants that it is free of defects and that any found will be fixed and also provides remedy if that can't be done. What you had in Master Peace and MarineMax were service agreements that said they would provide all service required for that period of time. A small but very significant distinction.

One of the distinctions here too is that on the service agreements you had you are tied to the selling dealer. On a warranty you can go to any authorized service center. Now with Azimut that's still 90% MarineMax but as I mentioned, in Fort Lauderdale that also includes Rolly.

Another thing I would never do is buy anything that ties me to one and only one place for service. Far better to have a broad network of service providers.
  18. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Tekeela I'm so happy you found the video an excellent teaching tool. If others can learn from my experience it's a good thing.
    The audio quote from the MarineMax CEO was added because I tend to agree with him. I had and excellent 10 year SeaRay experience and Bill McGill should know who's factory support is "second to non" because his company sells so many brands and he's been in the business 40 years. Cheers
  19. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Great advice olderboater. I wish I'd known that before I would have put it in the video. Now I have to eat humble pie again !
  20. Boat Owner

Boat Owner Member

Everything in the movie is based on official dealer "Work orders" and Manufacturer warranty approvals.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.