Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

70' Azimut Sea Jet Manual

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by mmb993, Jul 16, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mmb993

mmb993 New Member

I've owned a 1999 70' Azimut Sea Jet for a little over a month and even though it's a little intimidating at first, I'm learning a lot about it. I am in the process of scanning the owner's manual and indexing it but I am missing a few pages.

If you have a manual and can supply me with scans of a couple of the missing pages, I can complete the job and send you a copy of the finished document as soon as I'm done.

This forum was instrumental in making my final decision and I can tell you that I am very happy with the boat so far. I would love to hear from any other owners out there.

Thanks,

Mario
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The owner's manual is completely useless on that boat. It shows and describes parts that are not used and different parts were used. It barely shows where anything is in the boat, but then where it shows in the owner's manual is the wrong place and things are mounted elsewhere. A good Captain should be able to figure it all out fairly quickly, emphasis on good.

Retrofit parts to U.S. parts as you go will save you a lot of headaches along the way. Order a new exhaust compensator and associated clamps and keep them as a spare if it still has the Azimut exhaust, as 1 of them (out of 4) goes about every 2 years on that boat. Otherwise you'll end up getting stuck somewhere for a month waiting for 1. Also a spare raw water pump for the 2 kohler generators is good to have also, as they can take a while and you can only get them from Kohler that I know of.

If you have any specific questions or need help, I used to manage and run a 70' seajet a long time ago, email me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.
  3. mmb993

mmb993 New Member

Capt J! Welcome back from the Bahamas. If you remember we spoke as I was getting ready to decide between this boat and the 68 Plus in Pompano. I finally decided I wanted a bigger boat so I went Sea Jet.

I know there are a lot of differences between the manual and the actual boat. Sometimes we laugh looking at a page that has no resemblance with reality, but there is enough there to help with some key points.

In any case, if I can complete the manual I will get one of our web guys to go through the process of digitizing it and I'll make it available to anyone that wants it.

Thanks again for your help, and I will certainly reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Mario
  4. kdtahiti

kdtahiti New Member

If you ever get the manuals done I would love to have one I've been on a sea jet for 3 days without any doing ok but would love to see one
  5. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Did you try to contact Azimut in Italy? In my experience they are pretty efficient with manuals even of very old boats (see 1980s).