Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

400 Tiara Exaust

Discussion in 'Tiara Yacht' started by becnme, Oct 22, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. becnme

becnme New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the site and hope I have poasted this on the correct forum. I would like to hear from any 2000 or newer Tiara 400 espress owners. I am interested in learning your opinions on the under water exaust, mostly on its ability to reduce smoke and soot entering the cockpit. I am considering a 2002 400 express and the big hang-up I have is from my experience on an older boat with the side exaust. The diesel smell and smoke was a big problem for me. Hopfully the re-design of the exaust helped this problem.
  2. CatTech

CatTech New Member

I just finished a short block replacement on a 400 tiara today 3208 cats. I started it today and did not notice any smoke in the cockpit. Full sea trial will happen monday Ill have a better idea how it does as far as exhaust in the cockpit then.

Just to confirm the exhaust system is similar. It has a water lift muffler with raw water exiting the side of the hull near the front of the engine room with the majority of the gasses going to a under water venturi at the stern outboard.