Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker

35' Cabo Flybridge

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by COOLBLUE, Jul 6, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. COOLBLUE

COOLBLUE New Member

I am in the process of buying a 35' with 3126B 450 HP Cats...anything I need to watch out for
    with these motors...both have 1700, and the aftercoolers have been updated..
    Thanks
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Have them surveyed. Check to make sure valve adjustments have been done as well as all of the normal servicing AND updates. If the aftercoolers have been changed and they have 1700 hours, they'll probably go 6000 hours provided they've been taken care of.
  3. Roys toy

Roys toy New Member

I am also buying my first 35 Cabo. 2003, 795 hours. Had the 1000 hour inspection and new coolers. Boat is imaculate.

Unfortunatly I need to reduce the size of the pulpit by 18 inches or remove it entirely to fit in my slip. Anyone with an experiance?
  4. COOLBLUE

COOLBLUE New Member

So far I love mine...great boat...I would change slips........if U can...
    what motors do you have??
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They really won't let you dock it with the pulpit? The only thing I can think of is a folding pulpit, then you have to reconfigure the bow rail that bolts to the pulpit as well.
  6. Roys toy

Roys toy New Member

Yes someone at our marina hinged a pulpit on a 34 Pilot in order to add s swim platform. My Marina has a strict 36 ft limit by 13 beam. It appears if I fold the pulpit at the hull line I will be at 34.6
  7. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They have no larger slips? Are there not other marina choices?
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Can you hinge it at the start of the opening where the anchor pops through and get to where you need to be? That way the part the anchor rides on stays strong. Is anyone really going to notice 1' or get a tape measure to check? If so help them and slowly move the tape a foot foward as they're walking to the bow =)

I don't really think the pulpit included is over 36', if so it's very close. If memory serves me right, the 35' is 34'9 without the pulpit or swim platform, the pulpit itself is not that long about 3' and only about half of it extends past the bow.
  9. Roys toy

Roys toy New Member

According to the Cabo specs. The length is 37.5 with Pulpit. I need to loose via hinge 18 inches. I'm in a town Marina with lots of social life. I'm not overly bothered by the alteration. I rarely anchor.... Maybe once a year. I pick up the boat in a week. Very excited to run the 450 hp 3126b s
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't think 37.5 is accurate with just a pulpit. I think that measurement includes a pulpit and swim platform. If the boat itself is 34'6 according to your specs, I thought the boat itself it was 34'9, but I haven't looked at the specs in a longtime. the platform itself is only about 3' long but half of it is on top of the existing boat. I would go to a floating dock, or face dock, and measure it for sure. Boat runs well with the 3126's, around a 26.5 knot cruise and it likes some trim tab for maximum speed at cruise.
  11. Roys toy

Roys toy New Member

Thanks Capt J. I have the factory specs. Its 37.5 with pulpit. No swim platform. The pulpit is 3 feet. I have a choice to hinge the pulpit mid way or loose the pulpit and add an 18 inch swim platform. Im leaning towards the former. Great boat. Cant wait to pick it up next week for the 100 mile trip home.
  12. olderboater

One word of caution. Before you start messing up your boat, measure. Don't take action based on specs when you're not certain that it is in those specs or hasn't been altered.
  13. Roys toy

Roys toy New Member

Thank you. Your advise is apreciated. I had the boat hauled on Monday for the survey. The measurments via plumb bobs are pretty close to the factory specifications. Maybe slightly smaller. Im not rushing into this. Ill wait to get the boat tucked away for the winter and carefully assess my options. Anyway I do it she needs to lose 18 inches and I have 36 inches worth of pulpit to play with.
  14. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would hinge it foward of the anchor roller, that way the windless and anchor remains and is functional. Foward of the roller is more looks than structural, that should get you 18" if not more. OTOH it might just be cheaper to find another marina. As for the swim platform, well that's opening up another length can of worms, but a hinged one can be made also.
  15. olderboater

Just curious as to what marina this is? Does this mean you'll never purchase a larger boat?