Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

2016 Miami Boat Show - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by olderboater, Nov 25, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RER

RER Senior Member

Got my Hatteras email blast this morning...

Subject: Successful Yachts Miami Beach + New Sales Center

Email: Hatteras Yachts' new Yachts Miami Beach display location on Collins Avenue, across from the iconic Eden Roc and Fontainebleau hotels, was a hit.

Hatteras Yachts’ new Yachts Miami Beach display location on Collins Avenue – across from the iconic Eden Roc and Fontainebleau hotels – was a hit. No one had any trouble finding us during the show, which ran from February 11-15. Although traffic through our display was down from last year’s show, Hatteras enjoyed the best sales in recent memory and would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers!

The dip in show traffic can be explained by the fact that the Miami Beach International Boat Show, which run concurrently to Yachts Miami Beach, moved from the Miami Beach Convention Center south to Virginia Key. So, the busloads of people who typically came over from the Convention Center to walk the free yacht show on Collins Avenue simply were not there this year. The result was lower head counts but more time and space for truly interested customers to tour our new yachts and talk to the Hatteras team.

...so there you have it.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I spoke with several builders today. Although Virginia Key attendance may have been up, the builders I spoke with (that displayed along Collins) said it was the slowest show ever. Opening day was dead. It picked up a little on Friday, but Saturday was dead again. Sunday was a bit better, but Monday was a bust. Needless to say, they were very disappointed in show attendance. A couple of builders indicated they are contemplating pulling out of Miami next year.

One stylistic builder from the UK claimed multiple orders in excess of 10 million (which could be two boats!) with several more sales in final negotiation, going on to say they are encouraged by the confidence that buyers have in their brand. The press release reads like rhetoric, so who knows...
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

The entire concept of multiple shows at the same time run by different show management companies is just not a good approach. Clearly the Miami Boat Show had no incentive to make anyone aware of Yachts Miami Beach. There was sure a lot of effort this year to provide the new location for the Miami Boat Show and a lot of press attention. If anything the fight with Key Biscayne helped them. Interestingly as well, I have not heard a mention of Simply Sail at Bayside by anyone yet. It would certainly be easier for Show Management the promoters of Yachts Miami Beach to forget Miami and concentrate on their March Palm Beach show. Perhaps even enlarge it.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

There was a nice picture of a few (small count) shoes piled up (off before boarding).
    I think that pic told me enough.
  5. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Well here you go, one of your famous fabulous night shots I was asking for in your great photo coverage thread! Awesome! Sorry to read that you and Carl were not feeling up to going to the show for longer or at all. You could not tell it from your great coverage which allowed Carl and I to be there without actually being there! Another reason why YF is so wonderful!!