Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for MotorCheck

1980's Feadship Maintenance?

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by rmjranch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rmjranch

rmjranch Member

Interested in buying a 120' 1980's Feadship that "APPEARS" in excellent condition. Of course we will do a survey. Is the maintenance on these older Feadships, going to be a nightmare, parts, costs, etc.? I understand, being a boat owner, that all boats are expensive but will this be far greater. We use our boat. It will NOT be a marina boat. Thanking you in advance.
  2. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

A feadship is the best of the breed. I wouldn't say an 80's boat is a problem to maintain. The systems are new enough you can get parts and rebuild things. Most of the systems should be easily worked on.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Is that Seagull of Cayman the old Enterprise III?

Old Feadships Anchor locker, tank tops, shaft alleys are well known problem areas.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Historically an accurate statement, but in recent years there are other builders delivering similar quality or higher. When Feadship was the 'gold standard', it wasn't a competitive marketplace like we have today.
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Very well put Carl.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree currently and can think of half a dozen great yards such as Lurssen, but at the time this yacht was built, it was the gold standard.