Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Glendinning

1964 76' Broward named 'Tica'. Looking for information...

Discussion in 'Broward Yacht' started by GBHL, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

May want to enter the Rhine at Rotterdam, unless you want to run the Amsterdam-Rhine canal for a long straight run...... (Rivers and cities are capitalized in European......) ;)
  2. Lisy

Lisy New Member

Hello all,

I'm also interest in finding out more information about the TICA has anyone got any current information. That would be great.
    Can anyone help?:)
  3. Mark Pachan

Mark Pachan New Member

Malcolm:

I know the history of that yacht somewhat. My father in law George Sission founded JW Aluminum, a subsidiary of the Jim Walter Corporation in Tampa Florida. in the late 80's we used to to pass Jim's yacht after fueling and going out in the Gulf to fish from Tampa and he told me that Jim named the yacht TICA meaning This I Cannot Afford.

I just thought you would like to know this.

Several years ago around 2003, George had passed and we were in Destin and I saw the TICA docked behind or close to AJ's. I didn't know who owned it then , but it clearly wasn't Jim Walter at that time. We have since moved here and my my wife saw the name in an article and brought it to my attention.

I hope you have good luck with this yacht and I wish you all the best!

Mark'
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016